His high school graduation yearbook said, “His interests include sports and music. Probable destiny: playing musical chairs.” A star athlete in pursuit of a degree in physical education, Ted’s career path was to teach and coach. Instead of high school basketball though, his players became disc jockey’s, newscasters and talk show hosts. Instead of strategizing offensive and defensive schemes for championship runs, his creative and leadership abilities have been applied to the teams and formats in the competitive world of radio. Today, his accomplishments include video production and content marketing for company websites and social media platforms.
Ted is a husband, father, grandfather, friend, mentor, wordsmith, media and communication specialist, observer, broadcaster, conversationalist, speaker, cancer graduate, former elite athlete and fan of many things.
Ted is a leader, mentor, coach and writer. He has developed broadcast talent across Canada and has served as a programming adviser to CEO’s, owners, General Managers and Sales Managers of several major Canadian companies. He is also a voice-over artist, video producer, and has a vast knowledge of marketing, branding, digital media and sales consultation. Ted has negotiated contracts with major talent as well as professional sports teams. Once the deal is closed, he believes in servicing the customer.
Ted was honoured in 2011 with induction into the British Columbia Country Music Hall of Fame and is a lifetime member of the BCCMA.
- Ted Farr Media, Kelowna BC – media and communications specialist, writer, broadcaster, researcher, advertising, promotions, content marketing, business coach and mentor
- Partner, Go Video, Kelowna BC - video production for YouTube channels, websites and display presentations for trade shows and conferences
- CKOM, Saskatoon SK/CJME Regina SK– Vice President News Talk Programming, Senior Manager responsible for the Rawlco Interactive Division
- CHQR/Power 107, Calgary AB – Operations Manager, National Program Co-ordinator News Talk Radio CKLG/CKLG FM, Vancouver BC – news and sports announcer/reporter
- CJOB, Winnipeg MB – Program Director
- CKWX, Vancouver BC – Program Director
- CKY, Winnipeg MB – news and sports announcer, News Director
- CKLG, Vancouver BC – news announcer, News Director, Assistant Program Director
- President of the Saskatchewan Association of Broadcasters, the Broadcast Association of Manitoba and the Prairie Region of the RTNDA
- Vice President of the Alberta Association of Broadcasters
- Board of Directors for the Western Association of Broadcasters and the Broadcast Educators Association of Canada
- Chair of the Advisory Committee – Radio at the British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Minor hockey and lacrosse coach, New Westminster
- Advisor, Winnipeg Jets Alumni Hockey Club and Saskatoon Blades Alumni Hockey Club, Manitoba Lacrosse Association
- Vice President, BC Country Music Association and member of the BCCMA Hall of Fame
- Has provided media relations advice to various community groups and organizations
- Mentor, Cancer Connection program, Canadian Cancer Society
Ted Farr is looking for an opportunity where the passionate professional can have fun, meet new people and earn some money. He has the energy and the expertise to adapt to most any business.
References will be provided upon request.